Filter results

Resettlement Guide for People Affected by Dam Development

When the government gives someone permission to use your land or natural resources, which may require you to leave your land they must discuss options to avoid and minimize the negative impacts.

They must give you information prior to decisions being made and give you and your community an opportunity to discuss and agree on the options. If impacts are unavoidable then you have the right to a fair compensation to cover your losses. When you are moved to a new home or location, this is called resettlement.

Organisation: Scientific Animations Without Borders
Year: 2017
Language(s): English
Country/Region: International
Area: Boundary Conflicts, Land-claim Disputes; International Legal Mechs
Type: Video 
Rating: 6